57 ft Liverpool Trad ‘Leila Rose’
- 57ft Liverpool square stern trad
- Perkins MC42 1996 with PRM gearbox
- Pyranha pine fit out
- Oil fired stove with engine calorifier
- 2 bunk beds with 1 double
- Composting toilet
- Leila Rose
- Leila Rose is a 57 foot square stern trad built by Liverpool Boats in 1996 fitted with an inboard engine a Perkins MC42with a PRM hydraulic gearbox, 12 volt and 24 volt alternators.The fitted out was done by 2 professional joiners and a woodwork turner to a very high standard in Pyranha Pine( the last available at Allen and Orr in Doncaster).Leila Rose is a gas free boat and was fitted with a 240 Volt inverter, oil fired Aga type stove and the latest in composting toilets.Mr. Shaw was the project manager and ensure that the quality of work and best materials available went into Leila Rose.Leila Rose enter service in 1998, 95 % fitted out and sporting a Blue and cream livery.
Dennis and Leila (his wife) cruised extensively, covering most of the canal system with Leila pursuing her hobby of painting and
Dennis chatting with the natives.
Leila Rose was loving maintain over the years and updated with a Solar panel charging system and LED lights.
Over time Dennis’s health started to fail and he was unable to complete the current paint job which has stood for over 7 years.
So very reluctantly, with a sad heart Dennis has made the decision to part with Leila Rose so that she may returned to
her former glory and cruising rings under a new owner who will give her the tender loving care that she needs and deserves.